Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Conflict of Schedule

Last Friday, I caught wind of a possible change in the schedule for the coming week.  There were words thrown around like "4 computer lab classes" and "possible elective courses" when discussing what my schedule was going to be like.  But nothing was ever solidified, and I left Friday without a clue what was going to happen with my own schedule come Monday.

Evidently, so did everyone else.

We got to school today, and in good 'ol WB fashion, there was awesome pandemonium as the students all attempted to figure out what their schedules were for the day.  No one had any clue, including many of the students who, for some reason had two 3rd period classes, and two 5th period classes.  I just shrugged my shoulders and rolled with the punches.  The version of me a year ago in this situation would have been pulling his hair out with anticipation.  The version of me today, well, he just figured he'd make it work.

Turns out, my classes had only been "scheduled" in the loosest sense of the word, and I ended up not even having a 4th and 5th period today.  I didn't complain.

What I did do, however, was head down to the counseling center, and offer my services to help fix the master schedule.  The counseling center was pretty chaotic, and I know that they hadn't had a chance to even think about the schedule due to the innumerable crisis that they are continually having to address.  My offer was appreciated, but apparently dismissed.

Until about 20 minutes later when I got the call.  I was up.  So I went to the center, asked some questions for about 15 minutes, and then headed back to my room to get things straightened out.  Approximately 45 minutes later, I took back a fully functional, fixed master schedule.  I don't know if it'll be used, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Just another day at the WB.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your attitude is wonderful. We can only offer our help and roll with the punches. I hope that the schedule is now set so that your students can get on with the school year.

Ashley Arnold said...

What a mess! That is crazy. Hope they use your schedule!