Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day Two

Today was Day Two of the new school year.  Guess what the most extraordinary thing has been thus far?  The fact that nothing crazy has happened!  I can hardly believe it - my classroom isn't the epitome of perfection, but when you compare where I am this year on Day Two with where I was last year - well, the comparisons aren't even close!

On another note, we had our second "casualty" for the school year thus far.  I heard that one of the teachers yesterday had a really rough time with a couple of the classes, and I guess it was just too much for her, and she didn't come back.  It pains my heart to know that my students can act in such a manner, but honestly after I heard about the things that happened in her classroom - it's EXACTLY where I was last year after Day One.

If I have anything to say about Teach For America, that is definitely one thing that comes from its members - a desire to persist!  If I hadn't made that two year commitment to stick it though, I probably would have quit last year after my first day as well.  Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes peeled as I wait for the other shoe to drop.  Maybe it won't, but surely that's just wishful thinking...

6 comments:

Katey said...

Ditto. Amen. See you tomorrow! :)

Lesley said...

Happy to hear things are going well... and congrats on your new nephew!

Unknown said...

Jonathan,

I'm happy that your year is beginning on a positive note. Your hard work, and persistance to help and honor your your students have paid off.

Keep up the good work,

Art

The Hunsakers said...

Wow, you guys start school early. I have two more days of freedom until my classes begin. But Monday is coming more rapidly. You have inspired me to blog about my school experiences more this year. I am at an inner city High school in Houston. There are only 30 white kids in a school of approx. 3000 students. I look forward to reading more about your adventures. My how far we have come since our first days in elementary school together.
Haylie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

History of Accutane
[url=http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=4576&highlight=accutane ]accutane makes men sterile [/url]
[url=http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=6689&highlight=accutane ]accutane hair loss [/url]
http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=5008&highlight=accutane
http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=5248&highlight=accutane
http://www.clearskin.net/viewtopic.php?t=4838&highlight=accutane